October 19, 2009

post with no pics

Sometimes you gotta post something without pics.

I am PROCRASTINATING soooooooooo much right now! Thank goodness I have the best babe in the world and he sleeps through the night. I am supposed to be working on my group project for my class as I speak (write). We are meeting tomorrow night at 6 and of course I have to work all day tomorrow so I must be done with my part tonight. Way to go CME!

I was so excited today and told Jason, "I'm going to make my own laundry detergent!" I've seen/heard the easy recipe like a dozen times on cost saving programs on TV, and read it online as I constantly search for ways to be more green (I like to make many attempts at this). So, I told Jason I was going to buy stuff to make me own detergent, and he looked at me like I was a little crazy (probably because I was beaming with excitement as I told him my plan), and he said, "OK, Hippie." I laughed. Was kinda' surprised, but also liked being called a Hippie. I'm really probably more of a granola-ish, wanna be yuppie. But, I like the Hippie claim.

Yeah, I made my own detergent! Took like 5 minutes, cost like $7.50 for all the supplies. My first batch, which I bet will last me ~50 loads cost about $1.07. The first 4 loads of laundry turned out great (no smells, just clean...just the way I like it!) so I am SUPER DUPER excited about saving money and hope it really is good for this Planet Earth and my appliances!

Good weekend. Better get back to work. Wellcome Israel, not my Blog. : )

1 comment:

Trisha said...

That's awesome! You should post your "recipe". I like just clean laundry with no smell too...everyone else thinks I'm weird because I buy unscented detergent and dryer sheets! :)

View from our room

View from our room

Cool outdoor cafe/bar on beach in CR

Cool outdoor cafe/bar on beach in CR

Langosta Beach, CR

Langosta Beach, CR


Zip Lining...mucho fun!

Zip Lining...mucho fun!


The Parque Nacional Santa Rosa

The Parque Nacional Santa Rosa

Preserve of Monteverde & Santa Elena Reserve

Preserve of Monteverde  & Santa Elena Reserve

Iguanas and lizards everywhere

Iguanas and lizards everywhere


Howler monkeys

Howler monkeys




Off road 4X4 tour, only used machete for pics

Off road 4X4 tour, only used machete for pics

Playa Grande, Leatherback Turtle nesting

Playa Grande, Leatherback Turtle nesting