December 26, 2009

Christmas Eve

Well, I finally got in the Christmas spirit. I am a very big multi-tasker, pretty organized, and like things done "my" way, etc. etc. But, man when it comes to Christmas, I am sooooo a last minute decorator, shopper, get it together for the holiday season type of gal. I like shopping ok, but I have to admit, I hate crowded stores, waiting in line, and so I avoid it all costs. I do shop online quite often for Christmas, but then I also like to stimulate the local economy so I also physically get out to the stores for some good ole' last minute shopping. I pretty much did my shopping on December 22, 23, and 24. :-)

I always like to try and put a personal touch on gifts. Sometimes hand made gifts are simply the best. Although I do everything last minute when it comes to Christmas, I did make my Mom and Jason's parents an ornament with Carter's hand print on one side and a photo and a little decoration on the other for "Carter's First Christmas." I think they all liked it very much. I also made some no bake peanut butter/cornflake cookies that are so tasty...I believe tasting them (and wanting more) is similar to being addicted to crack (I'm assuming here).

We went to Jason's parents for Christmas Eve dinner. It was a nice night. Of course Carter was spoiled so by all family members. He didn't really "need" anything, but its cute how much everyone adores and loves him and wants to give him so much.

One of Jason's older brothers

Jason's parents





Carter's reindeer bum, he is swimming in the sea of his gifts and wrapping paper

Getting a little cranky because it's time for bed

Montgomery boys


There is that reindeer bum bum again. So cute

1 comment:

Kristi said...

looks like fun!!! i love your addicted to crack comment. i'm sure it's very much the same! hee hee!

View from our room

View from our room

Cool outdoor cafe/bar on beach in CR

Cool outdoor cafe/bar on beach in CR

Langosta Beach, CR

Langosta Beach, CR


Zip Lining...mucho fun!

Zip Lining...mucho fun!


The Parque Nacional Santa Rosa

The Parque Nacional Santa Rosa

Preserve of Monteverde & Santa Elena Reserve

Preserve of Monteverde  & Santa Elena Reserve

Iguanas and lizards everywhere

Iguanas and lizards everywhere


Howler monkeys

Howler monkeys




Off road 4X4 tour, only used machete for pics

Off road 4X4 tour, only used machete for pics

Playa Grande, Leatherback Turtle nesting

Playa Grande, Leatherback Turtle nesting