March 20, 2010

One house, 5 dogs, 4 adults, 4 boys, 1 cat, some wrestling, and a partridge in a pear tree

Laila, Brett, Rand, Scott, Jakob, Sadie, Chewy, and Cinny came to stay with us a few weeks ago when Randy was in the State wrestling tournament. Randy is a junior in high school (I cannot believe this). I was very excited and proud to watch him wrestle at State, although wrestling makes me cringe, it looks so painful and not fun (and you can't eat bad at all during the season - LAme!!), and I always here the kids say, "it doesn't hurt that bad." What?! Anywho, he took 4th at State and I couldn't be more proud. I sure love this kid. We are two peas in a pod, he and I, although as we both age he probably doesn't think his Aunt C is quite as cool as she used to be, but we still have a ball together.

I was very excited to see the whole crew, but mostly excited to see my brother-in-law Brett. He recently gave us a scare when he had a heart attack, had to be rushed in an ambulance many miles away from Challis, was in the ICU, and had to be hospitalized and recover for quite some time. I am so very THANKFUL he is here today and was able to make the trip to Poky. He is as tough as an ox (and as stubborn!-I think they are stubborn, right?). Anyway, I really love Brett so much. He has been my bro-in-law for over 11 years. He is a great guy...funny, sarcastic, an AMAZING Dad and Husband, he is passionate (takes full advantage of Idaho outdoors - is in love with fishing and hunting), has a lot of heart, can cook a mean elk steak (honestly like nothing else I've ever tasted), and is so very dependable. I remember numerous times Brett helped me out by "fixing" my cars...and now has moved on to Jason's ever so reliable red ninja truck, over the years, because he is like the most reliable mechanic on earth. And, when he and Lai lived just two doors down from me long ago he came over one morning before he had to go to work (because I was freaking out!) to  help turn off my water heater and fix it when it went out (water was everywhere in my basement and I didn't know what to do!). Such a great guy. I'm very thankful you are part of our lives and part of our family. We are lucky and we all love you so much.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

wow! 3rd at state! that is really good! how fun to spend some time with your family. i'm glad your bro in law made it through. how scary! he sounds like a great guy!

View from our room

View from our room

Cool outdoor cafe/bar on beach in CR

Cool outdoor cafe/bar on beach in CR

Langosta Beach, CR

Langosta Beach, CR


Zip Lining...mucho fun!

Zip Lining...mucho fun!


The Parque Nacional Santa Rosa

The Parque Nacional Santa Rosa

Preserve of Monteverde & Santa Elena Reserve

Preserve of Monteverde  & Santa Elena Reserve

Iguanas and lizards everywhere

Iguanas and lizards everywhere


Howler monkeys

Howler monkeys




Off road 4X4 tour, only used machete for pics

Off road 4X4 tour, only used machete for pics

Playa Grande, Leatherback Turtle nesting

Playa Grande, Leatherback Turtle nesting