December 20, 2010

Something old, something old, something borrowed, something pink??

My fabulous group of friends have a girls only Christmas party every year. This is the 14th year its been held and Shelby and I believe its the 12th year we've attended. My friends are the best. They are LOUD, silly, sassy, obnoxious, truthful, fun, full of energy, and my favorite of all H-I-Larious! This year included a theme...old dresses! Old prom dresses, old bridesmaid dresses, and oh yes, even old wedding dresses. Oh my my my my my was it ever hilarious. I opted for an old bridesmaid dress because I donated all my high school prom/dance dresses to the Goodwill a few years back. I thought the bridesmaid dress I chose was Awesome with a capital A because it was from my best friends wedding (from 2002 I believe), and it had like three or four stains on the front of it from who knows what...probably food or wine. :-) However, Jamie won best dressed because she took her old wedding dress from 17 years ago and died it pink. It was classic. And classy. What a fun night. Thankful for the best group of friends a girl could ask for.

The lovely host
From left to right: High school banquet dress, prom dress, high school dance dress, prom dress and high school hair, wedding dress (dyed pink), high school dance dress, wedding dress

And the dancing begins

We couldn't resist the classic prom photo pose

No party is complete without games. Egg cracking on your head anyone? They won "bravery" prizes!
Best friends for life!
Thanks again for such a fun evening, ladies. As always, it was such a pleasure.

1 comment:

Melonie Harris said...

That looks like so much fun!!! Wish my friends would have done something like that!

View from our room

View from our room

Cool outdoor cafe/bar on beach in CR

Cool outdoor cafe/bar on beach in CR

Langosta Beach, CR

Langosta Beach, CR


Zip Lining...mucho fun!

Zip Lining...mucho fun!


The Parque Nacional Santa Rosa

The Parque Nacional Santa Rosa

Preserve of Monteverde & Santa Elena Reserve

Preserve of Monteverde  & Santa Elena Reserve

Iguanas and lizards everywhere

Iguanas and lizards everywhere


Howler monkeys

Howler monkeys




Off road 4X4 tour, only used machete for pics

Off road 4X4 tour, only used machete for pics

Playa Grande, Leatherback Turtle nesting

Playa Grande, Leatherback Turtle nesting