March 25, 2011

Quick Getaway

Jason and I recently had the pleasure to run to jackson hole for the weekend with my best friend and her hubby. To say it was a blast is an understatement. We had so much fun.

Carter got to stay home with Aunt Laila, Grandma, and Jakob. Carter LOVES LOVES LOVES Jakob. 

Jason and I got to ski with our friend Jill, my Dad, and my little brother Jackson Saturday morning. It was great to visit with Jackson.
 Jason up front, Jackson in the back skiing over to Casper I believe.

Shelb and I skiing downhill. That's right, Shelb skied downhill! She hadn't done it for 8 or 10 years (other than the bunny hill at Pebble). She did great!
The husbands. Jeremy and Jason at the top of Thunder.
Shelby wanted me to capture her action shots. Tee hee.
Beers at the base with great friends. Sometimes this is the best part!

The Elliott's in Jackson. Lisa E. arrived the next day.
The local crew. John, Ken, Jake
You can't see them, but the Miller Sister's were playing right below the Tram. They are a fun band!
We ate a yummy dinner that night with everyone at Thai Me Up.

At the Wort Hotel later. Look at that big old moose!
BFF's at towne square
I call this my paparazzi shot.
Shelb and Jer.  The antler's look great all lit up!
I believe this is when Shelby was playing Justin Bieber. Jason was not enjoying it. I was having Bieber Fever!
Saturday we went downhill skiing at Teton Village and Sunday we went cross-country skiing at Taggart Lake. This was the start of the adventure.
Jeremy and Jason showing off. I don't understand how they can ski so well downhill with their heels not clicked in. Jeremy is really good at it! Jason of course was a natural too.
What a gorgeous day it was!
Here is where it got interesting. Shelby and I were thinking, "I thought we were going skiing?" Nope. We were on a hike.
Shelby is cracking up because she can't look into the camera. The sun is too bright.
The boys
We hiked and side stepped so much. I was quite annoyed at first because it wasn't super easy to climb up a side of a mountain on skinny ski's. Luckily the sun was out, I had an amazing view of the Tetons, and was in great company. So once we made it to the top, I was happy.

Finally arriving at Taggart Lake for some skiing, yay!!! Got some snow-shoers to take a group pic.
Going down.
This was the view that kept a smile on my face. Oh, and my best friend helped. We were falling every few minutes and couldn't stop laughing.




Thanks for a great weekend everyone. I love life out west.



No comments:

View from our room

View from our room

Cool outdoor cafe/bar on beach in CR

Cool outdoor cafe/bar on beach in CR

Langosta Beach, CR

Langosta Beach, CR


Zip Lining...mucho fun!

Zip Lining...mucho fun!


The Parque Nacional Santa Rosa

The Parque Nacional Santa Rosa

Preserve of Monteverde & Santa Elena Reserve

Preserve of Monteverde  & Santa Elena Reserve

Iguanas and lizards everywhere

Iguanas and lizards everywhere


Howler monkeys

Howler monkeys




Off road 4X4 tour, only used machete for pics

Off road 4X4 tour, only used machete for pics

Playa Grande, Leatherback Turtle nesting

Playa Grande, Leatherback Turtle nesting