July 5, 2009

Chicago...we love you!

We took Carter to Chicago to meet my Dad, Grandpa John, Grandma Lisa, and my little brother's and sister. It was such a fun, relaxing visit. Carter just loved my Dad, Lisa, and Celia. I know he loved Tom and Jackson too, but he didn't hang out with them as much, and they most certainly didn't talk in the high "baby talk" voice that Lisa, Dad, and finally Celia did, that babies love so much. : )

Carter did so GOOD on the plane. We sat in front of some toddlers on the way there and on the way back and I'm certain a toddler is more challenging to travel with than an 11 week year old. I'm sure we'll experience it first hand next summer.

While in Chicago we ventured out to the burbs to visit my lovely Aunt Carrie, Uncle Chris and my sweet cousins Lauren and Kevin. It was so fun to see everyone and hang out. Thanks for having us out to your house.

Dad, holding Carter for the first time. LOVE IT!


My Dad and his baby sis Carolyn (she claims she doesn't like my Dad...I think from bad child hood memories of an older brother picking on a younger sister, but I think secretly they are still buddies)!

Aunt C and her sweet daughter Lauren. Lauren just tured 20. She is a lovely young lady!

Uncle Chris and cousin Scott. So nice of Scott to drive to Chicago from St. Louis to visit us. Thanks Scott, it was great to see you!

The bros and sis's. You can tell Tom LOVES to be photographed. : ) Jackson is 19, Tom is 16, and Celia is 14. They are all super TALL, between 5' 10.75'' or 6.' I am the "BIG" older sister, but am a shrimp in height compared to these long, lean kids! Love you guys!

The greatest Stepmom in the world...Lisa Elliott

Kidding around. Aunt C told us not to do it, but I guess Jason, Scott, and I just couldn't resist and had to do what the authorities told us not to! ;-)

My Dad in Scott's classic Ray Ban shades. Love it!

My Dad (John Jackson) and my little brother Jackson. Isn't Jackson a fantastic name!!

Uncle Chris holding Carter. Babies love him. And, my cousin, Kevin, the masterful griller! Glad you are learning something at college Kev. wink wink ;-)

1 comment:

sbh said...

camille,

fun. wish we could have been there. i can't believe i was up in your part of the country while you were over here in mine!! love, sarah

View from our room

View from our room

Cool outdoor cafe/bar on beach in CR

Cool outdoor cafe/bar on beach in CR

Langosta Beach, CR

Langosta Beach, CR


Zip Lining...mucho fun!

Zip Lining...mucho fun!


The Parque Nacional Santa Rosa

The Parque Nacional Santa Rosa

Preserve of Monteverde & Santa Elena Reserve

Preserve of Monteverde  & Santa Elena Reserve

Iguanas and lizards everywhere

Iguanas and lizards everywhere


Howler monkeys

Howler monkeys




Off road 4X4 tour, only used machete for pics

Off road 4X4 tour, only used machete for pics

Playa Grande, Leatherback Turtle nesting

Playa Grande, Leatherback Turtle nesting