June 15, 2010

Oregon Road Trip D3

I didn't know before we left Pocatello, and Jason informed/convinced me somewhere on the road, maybe at his brothers house, that we were going clear to Northern California to see the Redwoods because we had never been there. I was like, WHAT? That is so far away. Well, I'm glad he convinced me. It was like nothing I've seen before. I am a tree hugger for sure. Ah darn, I should have got a pic hugging a tree! Why didn't I think of that at the time??

We drove from Eugene to Grants Pass, got in late, stayed the night and drove to the Redwood forest the next morning. We barely hit California, started seeing the big trees on the side of the road, staring up and up and up...simply amazed at how big and tall they were, parked when we saw a trail and started exploring. It was a very quick visit, but man was it worth driving clear to California to see! Oh yeah! I hope next time we'll stay longer in that area and explore more!


Can you even see us in this one? We are a tiny blip.


Our little rock climber

The slugs and snails were HUGE!

Beautiful creek in the middle of it all

Carter guiding me through the forest

I think this was one of our first sightings of the ocean. It was so fun to see it, we were like, "Oh!!! I think I see it!" We were like two young kids on Christmas morning at 4am. The first spotting of the ocean and the waves on HWY 101 was amazing. I LOVE the Ocean, really most bodies of water in general...lakes, creeks, rivers, oceans. It just has an amazing sound, feel, and gives off some sort of freshness on life. I dig it.

We stopped here to eww and ahhh at the gorgeous ocean. Carter was sleeping so I stayed in/near the car and Jason of course went exploring (he does this, I'll turn around and he's all of a sudden a mile away exploring). So I took a pic to show how far away he was. It was hilarious when he finally came back because he said he got in the middle of all sorts of thorny berry bushes and couldn't find a way out. He had a rash up and down his arms and legs from all the thistle. It made me giggle.


No comments:

View from our room

View from our room

Cool outdoor cafe/bar on beach in CR

Cool outdoor cafe/bar on beach in CR

Langosta Beach, CR

Langosta Beach, CR


Zip Lining...mucho fun!

Zip Lining...mucho fun!


The Parque Nacional Santa Rosa

The Parque Nacional Santa Rosa

Preserve of Monteverde & Santa Elena Reserve

Preserve of Monteverde  & Santa Elena Reserve

Iguanas and lizards everywhere

Iguanas and lizards everywhere


Howler monkeys

Howler monkeys




Off road 4X4 tour, only used machete for pics

Off road 4X4 tour, only used machete for pics

Playa Grande, Leatherback Turtle nesting

Playa Grande, Leatherback Turtle nesting